10 May 2007

Queenstown, Dunedin, Lake Tekapo and Christchurch!

So Queestown was immense amounts of fun - absolutely loved it there but the bank balance wouldn't let me stay any longer! As well as the bungy I went on the shot over jet boat which was awesome fun goes really fast and spins you round and you nearly crash into rocks - great stuff! and of course there were a few amusing drunken nights out with all the cool people I met! The Irish seem to be a bad influence on me! Oh and there is also some lovely scenery its right next to a lake and there are pretty walks you can go on! Fresh air is good for the hangover after all!

Eventually I left Queenstown and headed onto Dunedin which is a student town and founded by the Scottish. I spent 2 chilled out days there which was cool! We went on a wildlife tour and we saw a Albatross as well as cute little penguins, sea lions and fur seals - all good! We got so close up to the sea lions it was quality and watched them fighting!

On Wednesday - my birthday! - we headed on to Lake Tekapo after climbing the highest street in the world - Baldwin Street. Lake Tekapo is a very pretty lake in the middle of no where but don't worry we did manage to find a pub so went out for some food and a few beverages!

Today I arrived in Christchurch and am planning on spending a few days here checking out the place. Nearly time to move on to the North Island...

No comments: