16 May 2007

Christchurch, Kaikoura & Wellington

So i've been doing lots more moving around! I spent a few days in Christchurch checking out what it has to offer - not a huge amount to do but we checked out the main sites - the cathedral, The cable cars, the cool old fashioned tram, botanical gardens - they also had loads of street performers some of which were so funny they really had me in stitches! The bar in the hostel also had glasses of wine $3 so I was happy. Oh and me and Helen became master card players and yes she is a bad loser! It got a little worrying though when I felt drunk after only 3 glasses of wine in the space of about 5 hours - oh dear I must be getting old!

I then spent another night in Kaikoura a very pretty seaside town where we went on a walk along the cliff tops which was very pretty. Just a short walk totalling 3 hours! Helen was doubting by ability at taking the right route but I got us home safe and sound and we didn't even get lost once!

It was then time to move on to Wellington - we had a 3 hour boat ride from Picton to Wellington and I filled in the time nicely by sleeping - good work me! Then on arrival in Wellington Helen and I decided to treat ourselves to a yummy dinner of roast chicken, yes we did buy the chicken already cooked but we cooked all the veg ourselves and it was soooooooooooooo tasty. sometimes I wander where I get such good ideas from!

I have been in Wellington 3 days now and have had a good chance to really chill out as well as see all the sites - the botanic gardens, the cable cars, Te pap museum, beehive and Parliament buildings and old St Paul's! The botanic gardens are gorgeous with a massive rose garden and it is all on a hill so lots of ups and downs. I also got lots of culture at the museum!

Moving on again tomorrow to Napier!

No comments: