27 April 2007

My adventures in New Zealand

Arrived in NZ on Monday and had a quick look around Christchurch - not amazing as cities go its got a fair amount of shops but not a huge amount to do so I only stayed for one night!

After everyone telling me how cold NZ is I was pleasantly surprised t find the sun was shining when I arrived! So when I arrived in Christchurch I got changed and headed out into town in my flip flops, a little top and with wet hair - big mistake it was so cold - I won't be doing that again!

Tuesday I joined the magic bus not really sue what to expect of the whole thing so far so good! and the best thing about it is it gives me the freedom to travel as and when I want to! I travelled from Christchurch to Kaikoura - a pretty little seaside town - in the afternoon I went dolphin watching - I decided it was to cold to actually swim with them! The dolphins were quality there were so many of them and they were really entertaining! Unfortunate my batteries in my camera ran out but I did get a couple of pics and I still have the memories!

Wednesday I headed t a place called Nelson which I was expecting to be just another little seaside town but as I discovered while wandering around its actually fairly big!

Really randomly I had just checked into my room with one of the girls off my bus - then anther girls comes in and joins us - start chatting to her then realise that she actually knows my sis and used to work with her - really random - small world hey!

Thursday I spent the day in Abel Tasman - went on a boat trip then a 4 hour walk which was really cool - the walk was all along the coast and all Foresty and really pretty - it was a long walk but really enjoyable! Then in the evening we headed out to check out the nightlife in nelson - there are a fair amount of pubs but weren't terribly busy but we managed to entertain ourselves! Amy showed us her salsa skills and we went in some club with really dodgy music!

No comments: