17 April 2007

From sydney to Melbourne

I completely fell in love with Sydney wish I could have stayed longer - I think that's a city I could stay one day!

I did lots of tourist stuff - visiting the rocks, Sydney harbour bridge, Sydney opera house, botanic gardens, Hyde park, the aquarium - also went on a boat trip around the harbour and to Watson bay! Then I spent one day at Manly which has a lovely beach and good for shopping - and yes I accidentally went shopping - bought jeans, jumper, flip flops and a bag and only spent 55 pounds bargain! I also ventured to Bondi where I met up with family and went for a wicked walk along the beaches - they have nice beaches here - not as gorgeous as zanzibar but cool none the less! I also got the chance to have a home cooked meal at my mums cousins it was soooooooooooooo yummy!

And don't worry i did manage to sample the night life! I popped out for a quiet drink with a couple of the girls I met and somehow we didnt get to bed till 3am after drinking way too many vodkas and yagabombs! and we did lots of dancing including an Irish gig taught to us by some drunken Irish guys we met - although the dancing just seemed to consist of hopping around a glass and not convinced it was authentic! Then after the dancing and drinking we decided it was the perfect time to search the streets of Sydney for some noodles although we had to settle for pizza!

I left sydney on Monday and after 13 hours in the coach (where there were no dodgy African films to watch!) I arrived in Melbourne! I finally made a plan and decided to head to Melbourne rather than cairne as I didn't really have enough time to enjoy the east coast and it would be expensive. So I will have to come back for a couple of months to do the East Coast!

Today I explored the city by foot and by bus. not as impressive as Sydney but some gorgeous parks and its really nice along the river!

No comments: